ICKLETON PARISH COUNCIL                     

 

Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 19 October 2005 at 7.30 pm in the Village Hall

 

Present:  James Macdonald (Chairman), Lewis Duke, Jane Hurst, Terry Sadler, Sheila Birch, Tim Pavelin, Mark Stone-Wigg, Robin Driver, Jocelyn Flitton (Clerk).  Timothy Stone (County Councillor) and 3 members of the public.

 

270/05                Apologies for absence

Peter Wombwell (prior engagement), John Williams (District Councillor) (prior engagement)

 

271/05   To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 21 September 2005

The minutes were approved and signed by the Chairman.

 

272/05                Adjournment for questions from members of the public

The occupier from Priory Farm wished to refer to minute 222/05 (July).  They had received a visit from the Listed Building section informing them they were in breach of regulations.  They were in fact not replacing the windows, but had removed them for painting, which was not in breach of the Listed Building regulations.  The Chairman apologised for any difficulty this may have caused and said that in future in such cases, before contact is made with the planning authorities, the Parish Council should get in touch with the owner.  It was noted, however that there were times when the Parish Council must act quickly to preserve conservation within the village.

A resident expressed concern about No. 23 Brookhampton Street which had now been empty for 9 years and appeared to be falling into disrepair.  This was not a Parish Council matter but the Chairman/Clerk would contact our District Councillor, and get in touch with the owner.                                                                                                             Action: JM/Clerk

 

273/05   Matters Arising:

                143/05 Coploe Pit – bonfire – This had been been lit on 17/10/05

                203/05 PC I Perry – No contact as yet.  The Clerk to make further enquiries.

210/05 Play Area - RoSPA report inc. fixing of 2 bolts – C Frankau had partially completed the repairs and will consult with Mark Stone-Wigg to ensure all tasks had been resolved.

222/05 Picnic tables enquire with RoSPA – the response from RoSPA had been positive.  The purchase of picnic tables will be raised by James Macdonald/Sheila Birch at their meeting with Wellcome in November.

                                                                                                                                                                Action: JM/SB

                246/05 Recreation Ground – 3 new posts – these had now been installed.

260/05 East of England public examination – Enquiries had been made with CALC regarding sending a representative, and a copy of our representation sent to them as requested.  We are now waiting to hear from CALC.                                                                                                                                                    Action: Clerk

 

274/05   Youth Representation

None

275/05                Correspondence received:

SCDC                     -                South Cambs Local Development Framework – Future Public Participation

SCDC                     -                The EVENT (Arts diary)

SCDC                     -                Grant - Arts in Cambs. on Tour (Letter to be written in support)

SCDC                     -                Ickleton Lion (Hearing date: 4 November @ 10.00 am – Cambourne)

CCC                        -                Consultation Draft Customer Charter

CCC                        -                Changes to Local Bus Services

CCC                        -                Response re. Pet Crematorium, Thriplow

CCC                        -                Definitive map workshop confirmation

CCC                        -                Countryside Services Team – Annual Report

CCC/HDRA          -                Master Composter programme

Sawston                 -                Sawston Film Festival programme

CALC                     -                East of England

CALC                     -                AGM minutes (15/9/05)

Landscape AR     -                Map issued by Countryside Agency

Cambs Fire         -                Risk Management Plan 2006/07

BAA Stansted                -                Response to our letters 19/8/05 & 22/9/05

Stop Stansted                -                Night Flights Rally

Buchans                                -                Grounds maintenance

Allianz Cornhill  -                Revised documents

The Independent                -                Disappearing World – Vanishing Britain (Page 11 Ickleton)

Uttlesford DC       -                Uttlesford Local Plan adopted January 2005

Highways              -                East of England Roadworks

Network East        -                E-Bulletin September 2005

HM Revenue                -                Employer’s Bulletin

CPRE                      -                Countryside Voice

Wicksteed            -                Magazine

Wellcome Trust   -                Brochures

Hinxton                  -                Hinxton News

CWrigley/KDenman-Johnson – Priory House

 

Correspondence sent:

CCC                        -                Bus Service Tenders April 2006

Planning Insp.       -                Land adj. Gurner House, 20 Church Street

Mr H G Buck       -                24 Brookhampton Street

SCDC                     -                Ickleton Lion

 

276/05                Planning applications:

                None

Applications to carry out Tree works subject to a Tree Preservation Order:

C/11/40/54 Mr P Hoskins, 1-3 Frogge Street – Re-pollard Willow tree at 20 Brookhampton Street – no objection.                                                                                                                                             Action: Clerk

 

277/05   Reports from Councillors

            Robin Driver – a hole has appeared in the road before Great Chesterford bridge.                    Action: Clerk

Jane Hurst – Parking in the village continues to be a problem.  A suggestion to employ an independent traffic consultant was considered.  The Chairman/Clerk will make preliminary enquiries and obtain the guidelines and cost involved.                                                                                                               Action: Chairman/Clerk

Lewis Duke – Flooding – The river has more reed growth in it than has been seen for a long time.  He felt this would be a significant risk by holding up the water.  The Clerk was asked to speak to Environment Agency to see what they are doing.                                                                                                                     Action:  Clerk

He had also attended a Waste Management meeting.  This was a consultation regarding views on waste/re-cycling.  No point was made regarding reducing waste at source.  There is no national scheme in place for Councils to unify what the coloured bins are used for.  Re-cycling plastic bottles is not cost effective

Terry Sadler – a padlock has not yet been fitted to Mill Lane crossing gates.  JM/SB will raise this at the November meeting with Wellcome Trust.                                                                  Action: Chairman/SB

Building material had been dumped at Gypsy corner.                There appeared to be a lot of grit/dirt on the road at Cemetery corner.                                                                                                                                                Action: Clerk (2)

Sheila Birch – Wildlife Trust will be clearing Coploe pit on November 23rd.   Item to be put on next month’s Agenda.                                                                                                                                                 Action: Clerk

The Clerk - reported that 1 response had been received re Richmond coaches.  A trial basis for stopping the bus is to be requested and to let us know when this will begin.                                                     Action:  Clerk

The Clerk had received a request from a Caravan Club to ‘camp’ on the Recreation ground.  The Parish Council had decided some time ago not to allow camping on the Recreation ground.                Action: Clerk

The Chairman - Car Scheme (currently organised in the village by Don Gamble and Peggy Richardson) – The County Council has decided that drivers must be subjected to vetting by the Criminal Records Bureau.  This is causing some car schemes to abandon the idea as drivers are not prepared to continue.  The Clerk is to ask County Council if they are acting according to statutory requirements or if it is their decision.  If so, the Clerk will write to complain, pointing out this will seriously inconvenience elderly people in the village.

                                                                                                                                                                Action: Clerk

 

278/05   Reports from District and County Councillors

                District                -                None

                County                -  Timothy Stone reported that at the East of England examination, the sponsors for Hanley Grange will not be called, but Six Mile Bottom plans would be included.

The Imperial War Museum will be having an Open Day on 17 November to which the Parish Council will be invited.  The next Liaison Committee Meeting is being rescheduled.

Primary Care Trusts in Cambridgeshire are due to be revamped into probably 1 or 2.  Mental health care in Cambridgeshire is being reduced/reviewed.

There is a Bus Users forum being set up.   We should contact Susan Mills (01223 712244).  David Lilley is to be asked, by the Clerk, if he would be our representative.                                                     Action: Clerk

He had spent a day with Mike Cooper (Highways) who had praised Ickleton in its contact with him over the years.

 

Timothy Stone left the meeting.

 

279/05   Finance (Bank Balances) including receipts and payments to: 

Payments: 

J Macdonald                            -                £35.00                     C Frankau  -                £473.14

Ickleton Village Hall                -                £33.00                     Herald Contract -                £264.38

Aimprint                                -                £69.51                     J A Flitton    -                 £289.32

Inland Revenue                                -                £64.84                    

               

Receipts:   Allianz Cornhill                £75.41

 

Community Account                           -                £455.38

Business Base Tracker Account                -                £16,188.27

 

Robin Driver and members of the public left the meeting.

 

280/05                Affordable housing – strategy for planning for the future

                None

 

281/05                Footpaths – Definitive Map Workshop 15 October 2005

Sheila Birch attended but felt there was very little that applied to us and was not particularly useful, although others that attended felt it was.  Definitive map - may need to apply modification orders.

 

282/05                Recreation Field and Play Area

Tennis Courts – The Chairman reiterated comments made last month, but further discussions need to take place between Mark Stone-Wigg and himself.                  Action: Chairman/Mark Stone-Wigg                                                     

Sycamore Tree – A response from Mr Shepherd had been received where he felt happy to provide labour but not the cost.  The Chairman/Clerk will do a site visit and report back.  Item to be added to November Agenda.

Consent would be needed to fell this tree.                                                                 Action:  Chairman/Clerk

 

283/05                Wellcome Trust

            Maintenance meeting with Duncan Parsley on 14 November @ 8.30 am

James Macdonald and Shelia Birch would attend this meeting; any other Councillors are welcome to join them.   Items they will raise are:  Mill Lane Crossing gates/Picnic tables/Rabbits.

 

284/05   BAA Stansted

                Response on circulated documents (to be sent by 31/10/05)

The documents were in the September correspondence file, which was still in circulation.  Councillors were asked to read and pass on as soon as possible.  Any comments should be relayed to the Clerk.  The Chairman/Clerk will contact Neil McKillen for his response.                                             Action: Chairman/Clerk

 

285/05   CCC Priorities & Budget Strategy 2006-10

                Councillors were asked to relay any comments to the Clerk.  (Document in September correspondence file).        We need to submit any views by end of October.                                                 Action: Chairman/Clerk

 

286/05                Remembrance Sunday

Gerry Birch is to ask Stanley Peck to lay the wreath.  The Clerk will contact Malcolm Hall regarding the wreath, which the Parish Council pay for.  Ian Moore had not yet painted the War Memorial railings but will ensure it is neat and tidy.                                                                                                                                                Action:  Clerk

 

287/05                Adjournment for questions by members of the public

                None

 

288/05   Date and time of next meeting

                Wednesday 16 November 2005 @ 7.30 pm.  

 

There being no other business the meeting closed at 9.10 pm

 

 

Chairman

 

 

Date