ICKLETON PARISH COUNCIL                     

 

Minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 11 May 2006 at 7.30 pm in Ickleton Methodist Chapel

 

Present:  Present:  James Macdonald, Peter Wombwell, Lewis Duke, Tim Pavelin, Terry Sadler, Sheila Birch, Jane Hurst, Jocelyn Flitton (Clerk), Timothy Stone (County Councillor) and 1 member of the public

 

79/06            Apologies for absence: Mark Stone-Wigg, Robin Driver, John Williams (previous engagements)

 

80/06   To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 19 April 2006:  The minutes of the meeting were approved and signed by the Chairman.

 

The Chairman invited the County Councillor to give his report as he had another meeting to go to.

 

87/06            Reports from District and County Councillors:

           

County:  Timothy Stone asked if progress had been made regarding Frogge Street pavement (see 89/06).  The County Council had been to look at the soil in the field in Hinxton Road.  The Clerk was asked to speak to Michael Rule and report outcome to Timothy Stone.

Action: Clerk/T Stone

There is a meeting with the police on 19 June.  Two beat officers in the area have left; access to police vehicles is still a problem.  Footway lighting – CCC have sent a draft agreement to SCDC, who will send it out to Parish Councils in due course.  The amount of money involved is still unclear.  The car-parking fee at Whittlesford railway station has increased substantially.

 

            Timothy Stone left the meeting.

 

            District:  Nothing to report

 

81/06            Adjournment for questions from members of the public:  The Parish Council was asked if they had a Parish Plan. In principle it might make sense, but the cost and resources involved would be considerable and any benefit obtained might not be justified. The Chairman and Clerk will look into this further.  The Parish Council asked to be kept informed on any progress regarding the setting up of a Youth Club.                                                                Action: JM/Clerk

            There appeared to be more flights recently over the village.  The Clerk was asked to write to BAA.                                                                                                   Action: Clerk

            A member of the public left the meeting.

 

82/06            Matters Arising:

277/05            Village parking: A follow-up letter had been sent to David Lines (CCC) but no response had been received.  The Clerk will continue to pursue.                                     Action: Clerk

296/06  Gt Chesterford bridge:  Ongoing.  Response awaited re. Salting.             Action: Clerk

028/06            Chapel roof:  Charles Frankau has yet to do this work.                         Action: Clerk

Headstones:  These have yet to be checked.                                                           Action: JM/PW

Village seats:  Charles Frankau has yet to do this work.                                     Action: Clerk

048/06            Litter:  No response has been received from SCDC despite follow up letter.  The Clerk to ask our District Councillor to make enquiries.                                                          Action: Clerk

Potholes: These have now been filled.

Parking Butcher’s Hill:  Tim Pavelin said there was nothing further to report.

052/06            Skate park: A quote was yet to be received from Charles Frankau.            Action:  Clerk

053/06            Land Registry:  Deeds for the original cemetery could not be found.  Forms for lost deeds had been obtained from the Land Registry to be completed.                                Action:  Clerk

063/06            Allotments:  Another request had been received.  This item will be added to the June Agenda.                                                                                                           Action: Clerk

068/06            ‘Brightening up’ village:  This needs more discussion, as we may need to co-ordinate with Highways in some cases.  The Clerk to ask David Lines (CCC).  Item to be added to the June Agenda.                                                                                                           Action:  Clerk

Repair mesh on Cemetery fence: Charles Frankau has done a visual inspection.              Action:  Clerk

Tipped soil:  See 87/06

Free Bus Travel for Over 60’s:  Correspondence had been received from Timothy Stone and Andrew Lansley MP.

071/05            Crocus 5-a-side Football tournament:  They have asked to use the pitch also on Sunday 6 August – permission was given providing the village hall facilities were available.  Item to be put in Icene.                                                                                                               Action: Clerk

Sports Questionnaire:  147 forms had now been received.  Item to be carried forward.

Action: Clerk

Gravelling in Cemetery:  Charles Frankau had begun this work.                            Action: Clerk

073/06            Frogge Street – Flooding: Mike Cooper (Highways) reported that the drainage improvements would require fairly significant capital investment and regrets that funding is not available during this financial year.  The Clerk to arrange a site visit as it was felt it should be given a higher priority.                                                                                     Action: Clerk

 

83/06   Youth Representation: None

 

84/06            Correspondence received:

            SCDC            -            Independent Examinations – South Cambs. Local Development Framework (2)

            SCDC            -            Roadside Verge Management – Questionnaire follow-up

            SCDC            -            Core Strategy

            SCDC            -            Activities for older adults & those people returning to a more active lifestyle

SCDC  -           S/0562/06/F – Erection of Cereal Breeding Building, Greenhouses & Polytunnels on land at Rectory Farm, Grange Road for Messrs. PR Wombwell, LG Duke & RGR Smith and RAGT Seeds Ltd. – Minutes of Internal meeting.  Recommendation:  Approval.  Date for determination: 20 June 2006 (Major application).

CCC            -            Corporate Plane for 2006-2009

            CCC            -            Cambs & Peterborough Supplementary Planning Document

            CCC            -            Parish Paths Partnership Scheme 2006-2007

            CCC            -            Sports Activities for people with disabilities in Cambridge City & South Cambs.

            RoSPA            -            Play Area Safety Inspection Report

            A Lansley MP            Response to letter re. Concessionary Travel in South Cambs.

            Tim Stone            Concessionary Travel in South Cambs.

            CR&RS          -            Cambridgeshire Fire & Rescue Service – article for village magazine

            Camb Acre     Rural, Social & Community Programme (RSCP) – Parish Plans

            ODPM             Local Authority Byelaws in England: A discussion paper

            Playquest            Maintenance request

            CALC            -            Streetlights – Footway Lights – Funding

            CALC            -            Parish & Town Council Development – Job vacancy

            CALC            -            Land Registry Course

            CALC            -            The Bulletin

            CPRC            -            Local Development Framework Workshop 5 October 2006

            CPRE            -            Agenda Meeting 9 May

            Stop Stansted            Newsletter/Appeal for funds/Runway Ramble

            CCD            -            Clerks & Councils Direct magazine

            NALC            -            National Association of Local Councils – magazine

            Ivett & Reed    Circular

            Miracle            -            Leaflet

            EyeBee            -            Information Bulletin/Application for PC to subscribe

            Shaw’s            -            Magazine

            BoI            -            Bank of Ireland – introducing banking services

 

In April correspondence, the Ickleton Housing Survey shows the number of active housing register for this parish as 533.                                                                                                  

           

Correspondence sent:

            Mr C Frankau                        Work in hand

            SCDC            -                       Planning application S/0700/06/F

            SCDC            -                       Planning application S/0562/06/F

            Mr A Lansley MP            Free Bus Travel for Over 60’s

            Mr G Phillips              Crocus Football Club – 2006/07 Season

            Mr S Jenkins             Ickleton Football Club – 2006/07 Season

            Mr T Nelson, Mr J Booth, Ms L Hynard – Frogge Street footpath

            Mr D Parsley             Acknowledge receipt of cheque for 1 picnic table

            Mr G Phillips              Payment of fees for 2005/06 Season/Details 5-a-side

                       

85/06            Planning applications:

            S/0749/06/F – Conservatory at 18 Brookhampton Street – Mr & Mrs Ball. 

After discussion the Council agreed on ‘No Recommendation’.  The Clerk was asked to check if the house was in the conservation area and to contact Grant Buck who has adjoining land.

                                                                                                                        Action: Clerk

Jocelyn Flitton left the meeting after declaring an interest in the next application.       

S/0821/06/F – Extension – Ms J Flitton

The Council agreed on ‘No Recommendation’.  The Chairman signed the application form to be returned to SCDC.                                                                                     Action: Clerk

Jocelyn Flitton returned to the meeting.

The Clerk to enquire if planning applications is available via e-mail.                 Action: Clerk

86/06            Reports from Councillors:

Lewis Duke had seen a Public Notice in Saffron Walden Weekly News relating to the National Grid station in Duxford Road – Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control.  This had been placed by the Environmental Agency who does not notify Parish Councils.  The Clerk to make enquiries for the Planning Committee, who it was felt should go and review the registers at SCDC.                                                                                                                                     Action: Clerk

Peter Wombwell reported that there had been a petition in the Post Office which villagers were being asked to sign.  The Clerk was asked to clarify what it was for and to put an article into Icene, and with a view to writing to Andrew Lansley MP.                                          Action:  Clerk

Ickleton Barns – access to the house now appeared to be via the field adjacent to it.  The Clerk to check who was the owner of the field and to contact SCDC for an update on the situation.                                                                                                                                               Action:  Clerk

Tim Pavelin suggested that the Council could run a bus to The County Show at Wimpole Hall that was being held on June 4.  After discussion it was agreed there was not enough time to organise this, and we would need to know the legality of doing so.

James Macdonald read out an e-mail from Duncan Parsley of Wellcome Trust.  He was letting us know their intention to construct lobbies to the front and rear of the offices of the Morgan Building.  The Clerk was asked to respond by e-mail asking to which building he was exactly referring.  James Macdonald and Sheila Birch delegated to continue this discussion; they will therefore be copied in on the e-mail.            The Clerk to ring Jayne Proctor to ask when the next meeting with Wellcome Trust is to be held.                                                                 Action:  Clerk/JM/SB

 

88/06            Finance (Bank Balances) including payments to: 

 

Allianz Cornhill Insurance            -            £1,453.24

Playsafety (RoSPA)                 -            £   144.53                                     

Harts                                        -            £     49.06

Ickleton Methodist Chapel  -            £     15.00

 

            Receipts:  CCC - £945.58

            Bank Balances:

            Community Account:                             £1,305.88

            Business Base Rate Tracker Account:            £17,401.77

 

Asset Register            -            Land to be registered should be added.

 

Year-End Financial Statement:  These were presented to the Parish Council following an audit by Ken Worthing.  Peter Wombwell proposed, Terry Sadler seconded and it was agreed by all that the accounts be adopted.  The Clerk was asked to write thanking Ken Worthing for his services.

                                                                                                            Action:  Clerk

 

89/06            Highways – Frogge Street pavement:  Following further correspondence, the residents involved have agreed to the pavement being re-surfaced.  The Clerk to contact Mike Cooper (Highways).

                                                                                                                        Action:  Clerk

 

90/06            Recreation Field and Play Area:

Mark Stone-Wigg had received reports regarding the cutting of the grass this year.  The comments had been passed on to Charles Frankau. The Parish Council were happy to leave things as they were for the time being.

RoSPA report:  Mark Stone-Wigg had read the Inspection report and picked out some items that needed attention.  It was agreed that a member of the Recreation Ground Working Group – Tim Pavelin - should meet to discuss the aerial runway proposals.  It was also agreed that Mark Stone-Wigg meets with Charles Frankau to discuss the work involved and action what needs to be done.                                                                                                                Action: MS-W/TP

 

91/05   Annual Parish Meeting – 17 May 2006:  All seems to be in hand.  Lena Frost kindly delivered leaflets around half of the village.  The Clerk asked to write and thank her.   Action:  Clerk

 

92/05            Adjournment for questions by members of the public:  None

 

93/05   Date and time of next meeting:  21 June 2006 at 7.30 pm in the Village Hall.

 

There being no other business the meeting closed at 9.50 pm.

 

 

 

Chairman:

 

 

Date: