ICKLETON ANNUAL PARISH MEETING
Wednesday 26 May 2010 in the Village Hall at 7.30 pm
Apologies had been received from: Sheila Birch, Tim Pavelin, Jane Hurst & Peter Wombwell
Number present: The Chairman, Parish Clerk and 22 people including Parish Councillors and the District and County Councillors.
5. Report from the Chairman of the Parish Council (including Financial Report): The Chairman gave his annual report which can be found on the village website.
The Chairman paid tribute to his predecessor Robin Driver, who had stepped down from the Parish Council last week. He has put in many years of service as a Councillor at both the District and County levels, and became a leading player on the local political stage. He was able to give the Parish Council the bigger picture, and to put all of his considerable experience at our disposal. He will be sorely missed. The Parish Council would like to thank Robin for his substantial and prolonged service to our community and wider area, and wish him all the best for the future.
6. Written reports were received and read out from:
· Village Hall Management Committee
· Theatre Group
· Football Clubs – Ickleton and Crocus Football Club
· Ickleton Society
· Allotment Association
· Duxford Primary School
· Sawston Village College
· County Council
· District Council
As in previous years a pack containing all reports will be circulated around Parish Councillors and then retained by the Clerk for reference purposes should anyone wish to see them.
· Residents of Frogge Street mentioned the speeding of vehicles.
· Speedwatch – residents would like to be reminded of what is required to carry out this task.
· Houses left unoccupied.
The meeting closed at 9.40 pm